Goddesses need love too

One goddesses tale of her journey from the nightclub scene and online dating to one day finding her own godlike mortal man and other goddess lore

lundi, décembre 29, 2003

Hello to all the other goddesses in the universe. It feels good to have a place to share with you all. And that is precisely what I am going to do right now. First off, let me start by telling you a little about me. I turned, ahem 26 this year. No children. Never married, but engaged three times. I ended them...all. I suppose in the end I just couldn't see myself with any of them for the rest of my life. Not that I am opposed to being with just one person. I suppose then it is because I long for something so meaningful, that the ceremony will not even be that important because what we have goes beyond that. I just can't seem to find that in the real world though. All the guys I ever meet want to take me to bed right away. I like the bed part, I just crave so much more. Something that lasts. Maybe it doesn't exist, but I have to give it one hell of a try. So before I get myself to a nunnery or find myself trolling for men at the grocery store or church, instead I joined several online dating services just to try them out. And let me tell you I was in for an awakening. Online Dating. I have wondered about it for a long time, and I shall wonder no more. It was slow at first, you know because I was still just "browsing". I hadn't really commited myself to it yet. I wanted to get acquainted with the process. I wanted to remain anonymous. I got a bite here a nibble there. But after a while, I realized that I was never going to meet "the one" until I got in there. So I posted a recent picture and wouldn't you just know it one morning I woke up to 100+ hits! Now if that isn't an ego boost girls, I don't know what is. All of a sudden, men, really good looking, successful, available men were looking at me, e mailing me, wanting me! All I can say is Woo Hoo!!! Indeed it seemed my insecurity about whether or not I was really attractive, had just vanished. Now all I had to do was find the right one. The one who saw the real me inside. Maybe that seems impossible because they were all responding to my picture. But they hadn't met me in person. And I think a person's personality cannot escape paper. that is to say If I was having an IM conversation with someone...I could really be myself, I would have to be as would they. But I was soon to find out otherwise. Now girls I know we all tell a little white lie here and there but, why? I ask you now, why? Why would a man put his picture from several years ago in his profile? (I'll call him Colorado Puppydog). Why would a man say he agrees with your idea that you shouldn't push the sex issue when you are getting to know someone and then turn around and try to suck on your breasts when you are locked in the first kiss?(known as Sportsman) Why would a man say he is 5'10'' when he is 5'9"? Or say he is 34 when he is 38?(We'll call him T1 in training) Maybe I won't notice it later? You know I probably wouldn't care that he is an inch shorter or a few years older but little bitty white lies add up, and will make me think twice about trusting him. There are many others I could ponder, and will share with you later. Good night my Goddess sisters...and the men we hope will want to stand by our sides as Gods. Sleep well...and dream better.