Goddesses need love too

One goddesses tale of her journey from the nightclub scene and online dating to one day finding her own godlike mortal man and other goddess lore

mardi, février 21, 2006

Over it

What a dank and blurry day it is. It has been months since my last confession...I mean post. I can't really say that much else has happened in the way of my love life so to speak, it has been perfectly non-existant. And I have been really okay with that. I have been really okay with me. So much of my time had been spent concentrating on the minutae of every interaction with a certain male that I had forgotten what it is to just be me. I have begun making friends again. And although I knew it all along, men aren't pigs like I felt when Grey was a part of my life. It was just Grey that was the pig. Looking back I have to say this...What in the world was I thinking? I mean we all know thatI have always been attracted to nerdy guys my whole life, but this one wasn't even that smart! And If he isn't nerdy and smart well then I just can't see much point in it...can you? Yeah, and to make it a neat little package he had major issues! Okay and to be fair I had some weighty issues of my own, but at least I was considerate enough to not really bring it into our relationship. Chalk it up to a life experience that I needed to grow. So now I am making friends again, and it feels really good. Not that there is anything wrong with ANY of my current friends I love them very much. It isn't often that someone calls you just to sing "You Are My Sunshine...hoochie!" when you are down or bring you flowers at work when you get a promotion or better yet just ot say Happy Un Valentine's day! But I realized that variety is the spice of life...ugh I know what a cliche! But oh so true. And who knows maybe one day, over time and troubles, one of my new friends will be the one I have been waiting for all this time.