Goddesses need love too

One goddesses tale of her journey from the nightclub scene and online dating to one day finding her own godlike mortal man and other goddess lore

vendredi, janvier 30, 2004

You know usually when I fall for someone or find them "interesting" it takes a long time for me to see their shortcomings, or should I say recognize a pattern and act accordingly. In the case of Scott, I am not having that problem. A couple of days ago he asked me to lunch, I said no. Perhaps some other time. We agreed later in the week would be better. Well It's Friday and I was never asked to lunch so I took the opportunity to run some errands. When I returned, Scott was nowhere to be found, but I also noticed which other guys were MIA, since my Ding-A Ling didn't record any information regarding lunch or checking out. A few minutes after I had returned, so had he and the others. They were all smiles and jokes. Scott approached my desk and asked me where I had gone for lunch. I told him about the errands I ran and the take out kung-pao tofu that I scarfed. I asked him about his lunch he said they went to The Spot. For those of you who aren't privy to the insider language of "the guys" that I work with, The Spot is another name for Sugar's Cabaret, and for those of you who don't live in Austin, Texas, that is a famous gentlemans's club. Now, going here for lunch to get a really good lunch special isn't such a bad idea in of itself. Add topless women and hey it's kind of a cool novelty. He said "The Spot, It's Friday." I said "Oh, so that's every Friday?" "Yeah." he says. I don't judge people, spread gossip, or talk trash about them behind their backs, there are just some people that I talk to and some that I don't. Some people that I will hang out with and others that will never get the opportunity. I think he has just fallen into the "others" category. Oh well.