Goddesses need love too

One goddesses tale of her journey from the nightclub scene and online dating to one day finding her own godlike mortal man and other goddess lore

samedi, mai 29, 2004

"Hamburger Helper? Really? That's what you want for dinner? Okay." This being the third time I would ever cook for him,(the first two had been strictly vegetarian meals) I set forth to prepare the most delicious hamburger helper lasagne dinner ever made. If that is indeed possible. The fact notwithstanding, that I am a vegetarian and the prospect of actually smelling burning flesh was not particularly appealing to me mind you, nor was the fact that I would be the one to scorch the dead cow flesh to begin with, but I remembered how I liked to have it done pre vegetarian days and counted upon those memories to guide me. Olive oil, fresh garlic, onion, mmm. Gulp. Sear the flesh, ugh. Make sure it is good and brown, heave. Tear all the clumps apart, argh. Thyme, basil, pepper, salt. Add milk and the "seasoning packet"(which as we all know is the very essence of the lasagne helper) gag. Bring to a boil, lower heat, add pasta, cover, and simmer, whew! Mix up the cheese substitute powder with some more milk to form a white, grainy, liquidy substance called the topping, blagh. I also added mozzarella on top because I would have tossed my cookies if I had to watch him eat that gooey, gunky mess. Voila, instant murder mystery dinner! Luckily for me I also roasted some garlic, sauteed some yellow, orange, and green peppers and a little onion and broccoli, to top our baked potatos. We added sour cream, and nutty crunchy salad toppings. I must say, I do believe he actually enjoyed the meal, and the company. Unbelievably, after the ordeal of being the one to prepare a meal which required me to manipulate decaying bovine, I still had an appetite. Hmm, must be love.